We have discovered that there are a few misconceptions floating around out there about staffing agencies. As an agency that tries to set itself apart, we want people to know the benefits of working with, and for, Strictly Staffing Inc., and dispel a few of the myths that we occasionally hear.
- Myth: Temporary staffing agencies will try to prevent employees from obtaining full-time positions. Nothing could be further from the truth! We never stand in the way of an employer who wants to hire a temporary employee for a full-time position. In fact, this happens all the time! At Strictly Staffing, we know that most people are looking for full-time work, and we do everything in our power to help our employees achieve this goal.
- Myth: Temporary staffing agencies garnish employees’ wages to make money. Again, this is not how we do business. We negotiate optimal wages for our employees and bill employers a percentage above the wage. We always pay above minimum wage, and match salaries to the responsibilities of the job and the skills of the employee.
- Myth: Temporary staffing agencies charge employees a fee. Strictly Staffing Inc. does not charge employees a fee, nor should any reputable staffing agency. We abide by the code of ethics of the Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services, which states that agencies are not to charge candidates, either directly or indirectly.
- Myth: Temporary staffing agencies are only for people who can’t find a job on their own. Whether you have 20 years’ experience or 2, have had multiple careers or are just beginning, we can help you find your next opportunity. We have access to the “hidden job market”- our clients will often come directly to us for candidates without publicly advertising. We also market you directly to our contacts- the hiring managers on the inside. Temporary placements can introduce you to a variety of companies, offer a flexible schedule, and allows us to do the job hunting for you!
- Myth: Temporary employees are “just a number.” We appreciate each and every one of our employees. We take the time to get to know our employees, and develop relationships that last even when employees move on to other positions. We keep in touch to update employees on positions they have interviewed for, we call to ask how things are going while on assignment, and we recognize milestones, such as a temporary position becoming full-time, by sending a bouquet of flowers. Strictly Staffing’s temporary employees are the most important part of our business, and they know it!