Your Privacy Matters to Us
Strictly Staffing Inc. does not collect information that personally identifies individuals except when individuals provide such specific information on a voluntary basis. When we do collect such information, it is to match you with an appropriate employer.
Strictly Staffing Inc. has always been, and will continue to be, committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. As part of this commitment, we have adopted the 10 principles established by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. These principles form part of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”), which establishes rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by the private sector.
Our 10 Privacy Principles:
1. Accountability: All Strictly Staffing Inc. associates are responsible for maintaining and protecting all Personal Information under their control. Strictly Staffing Inc. has designated an individual to oversee the company's compliance with the Act and our 10 Privacy Principles.
2. Identifying Purposes: We will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected, either before or at the time of collection.
3. Consent: We will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your knowledge and consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. Limiting Collection: We will limit the collection of your Personal Information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your Personal Information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We will only retain your Personal Information for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
6. Accuracy: We will keep Personal Information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
7. Safeguards: We will protect the Personal Information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness: Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information will be made readily available to you.
9. Access: At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, as well as give you access to the information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information, and to amend it as necessary. (See Access to, and Changing your Personal Information).
10. Challenging Compliance: You may contact us with any questions, complaints or suggestions with respect to the above principles.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Data we collect with personal identifiers removed, so that it is impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom the information relates, is not considered Personal Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Our Relationship With You Is Important To Us
We want to provide you with value added service on an ongoing basis and to establish a long-lasting relationship with you that will grow and change to meet your needs. With your permission, we collect Personal Information about you to:
provide the products and services you request
establish and maintain a relationship with you, and to provide you with ongoing service
respond to your needs as an event participant
protect you, and us, against error and fraud
comply with legal requirements
Your Personal Information may also be used to create statistics about our business. These statistics would not contain any information that could identify you personally.
The cornerstone to protecting your privacy is consent. We will only collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information with your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law. We do not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service to you, require you to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information beyond that information which is required to complete the transaction.
When you are registering in an event, we may request that you provide us with Personal Information in order to provide reasonable assurance to you of your personal safety and your health security.
You may choose not to provide us with any of your Personal Information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service or information that you requested or that could be offered to you.
Types of Consent
Consent can be express or it may be implied in appropriate circumstances.
Express Consent can be given by you in writing, in person, electronically, by telephone, or by using a check-off box.
Implied Consent may be used by us as a basis for extending new marketing offers or delivering merchandise or catalogues to you. We will not use your implied consent for the use or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information such as financial data.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw your consent, we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, simply contact us and advise us of what Personal Information you no longer wish us to use.